Dr. Ravi Agarwal – Friday, May 11, 2018 – 6 CE Credit Hours
Implant dentistry technology is evolving at an incredible pace. This presentation will provide an update on current digital workflow and how it can help eliminate complications and improve success rates. From CBCT to treatment planning software, surgical guide fabrication, implant guided surgery and intraoral scanning, this course will help bridge the gap between virtual and clinical dentistry. All attendees will receive a step-by-step, inclusive syllabus and participate in a hands-on course including implant planning, intraoral digital impression scanning, and fully guided surgical implant placement on take-home models.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice taking digital impressions, case planning, as well as practice guided implant placement on models.
- Incorporating CBCT technology into implant treatment planning
- Using digital impression systems for final implant restoration
- Merging information from both digital systems for surgical guide production and immediate temporary restoration fabrication
- Using a digital workflow to clearly communicate between surgical, restorative and laboratory clinicians
- Evaluating the importance of bone quality and quantity in treatment planning
- Incorporating digital impressions with scan bodies for custom abutments as an alternative to screw retained prosthesis
- Achieving more predictable results regarding esthetics, function and cost on future implant cases through guided surgery
Dr. Ravi Agarwal
Dr. Ravi Agarwal, DDS, is a full-time board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the residency Program Director for the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at MedStar Wash-ington Hospital Center. Dr. Agarwal re-ceived his dental degree with honors from the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry before completing a four-year intensive surgical residency program in oral and maxillofacial sur-gery at MedStar Washington Hospital center. He also is the president of the District of Columbia Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. Dr. Agarwal maintains an active hospital practice in full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgery with an emphasis on digital technol-ogy for dental implants, orthognathic surgery and reconstructive jaw surgery. He has been an advocate in training his twelve surgical residents in complex dental implant rehabilitation with 3D treatment planning and digital technol-ogy. Dr. Agarwal has published multiple book chapters and presented at national meetings in the field of dental implantol-ogy and bone grafting.
Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 6/1/2016 to 5/31/2020. Provider ID# 219038